Premium Whale Watch tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Urangan, QLD
- Product code: FWW2017
Freedom III departs at 9:30am from Sandy Straits Marina, Buccaneer Road, Urangan and returns after 3:00pm each day from late July to early October. This is the peak season for whale-watching in Hervey Bay.
Cruise the sheltered waters of beautiful Hervey Bay to the Great Sandy Marine Park. The area is renowned as the playground for visiting humpback whales as they migrate south to the Antarctic waters. Expert commentary from your skipper will educate and inform you about the unique aspects of whale watching in Platypus Bay which is formed by Fraser Island and the mainland. Hervey Bay is world renowned and was the first location accredited by Whale Heritage Site by the World Cetacean Alliance.
Freedom Ecotours operate in an environmentally friendly way to ensure both the safety of our marine creatures as well as our guests. Please feel free to bring your reusable coffee cup for hot or cold drinks. We have a water filling station with fresh filtered water available all day.
Morning tea, lunch and and afternoon tea plater of cheese and fruit is served through the day. Tea, coffee and filtered water is available all day and you are welcome to purchase other drinks and snacks from the bar.
Several pods of whales will often be seen as well dolphins, turtles and sea birds. Fabulous views of K'Gari western beaches provide a wonderful background to your tour.
Freedom III has
- 3 levels of viewing plus a water level platform for really close encounters
- hydrophone for hearing the whale song
- low passenger numbers
- delicious food
- locally owned and operated with friendly experienced crew
- Eco Accreditation through Ecotourism Australia
- Please Note:
- Child ages are 4-14years, Under 4 are infants
- Select seats on the bus as 'extras' and we will pickup from a Hervey Bay hotel and return you from Sandy Straits Marina - capacity 23 on the bus.
Please see our other boat tour and charter options if you are travelling to Hervey Bay at other times of the year. We look forward to meeting you and sharing this beautiful part of the world with you.